Sunday, May 18, 2014

Flying

God is a God of miracles.  In Sunday school, we discussed the idea that often we want to see the end from the beginning, or sometimes we would be satisfied with just being able to see a few steps in front of us.  In truth, occasionally we will be required to walk to the edge of the light and into the dark.  A friend contributed to this discussion by paraphrasing something that she once heard:

"When you need to step into the darkness you must have the faith to believe one of two things will happen: either you will step on solid ground or you will be taught to fly."


This picture reminds me of my twin, who steps into the darkness often, and is clearly being taught to fly. Thanks for your example of faith and courage. People can accidentally call me "Lesley" for the rest of my life, and I will always take it for the compliment that it is.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, I am bawling right now!! What a beautiful tribute, I do want to fly and now I must buy this picture and hang it up on my inspirational wall with your kind words. Not a coincidence that this picture has a "twin" flying in the background as well as an older sister angel flying close by. Man I have the best psychologist in the world, thanks twin!

    ReplyDelete