Sunday, May 11, 2014

Tilamook Time

A few weeks ago my husband came and told me that he was going to be in charge of our anniversary this year.  This was surprising because I typically do this kind of planning, and our anniversary was almost two months away!!!  Much to my surprise, when I got home late one night from a churchy opportunity (visiting some sisters in my congregation) I was met with a smile from my spouse and an envelope.  We put the kids to bed, and when I opened my letter it was a clue that sent me to my mailbox for another clue, then my scriptures, then the kid's fort, then our swing set, then our garden, and then our piano, each containing clues about where we will go to celebrate our 16th anniversary.  Drumroll, please! We will be going to Portland, Oregon!!! I am so very excited.  We lived in Eugene, Oregon a little over ten years (for about a year.)  I had always wanted to visit the Tilamook Cheese Factory but we didn't live there long enough to hit all the sights we wanted to see (like Portland and Tilamook.) After my treasure hunt, Ryan even busted out an itinerary for our getaway (as in this whole adventure is all mapped out!!!!) So, in about a month we will be riding bikes along the river walk, strolling through a famous farmers market, going on the Tilamook tour... and will celebrat our eternal love. 10 points to anniversaries! 15 points to surprise trips! 39 points to my husband, Ryan Edward Smith! Let the countdown begin!!!



In June I will be here.  I will climb in the boat and have Ryan snap a pic. Mark my words! (I will probably try it after the tour though, in case this photo op has them kick me out.)



They make chocolate peanut butter ice cream, and it's fantastic.

*** This post is for Friday, May 9th, 2014***

No comments:

Post a Comment