Sunday, May 25, 2014

Lemons

This afternoon the board of the Relief Society (my church's womens' organization) met at my home for a some training and treats. The emphasis was on improved teaching, and many great ideas were kicked around as we discussed what makes a good/bad lesson, and what we can do as students to contribute, etc, but the takeaway gift was a lemon.  Picture our lives, or our church assignment (a.k.a. our calling) or the lesson we need to teach as a lemon. We all know that lemons are great and can be used to make cupcakes or lemon bars or humus. Lemons are used in many varied, amazing dishes, but all of these wonderful recipes that require lemons have one thing in common: something has to be done with the lemon. It needs to be cut up or squeezed or zested. Our lives, callings, lessons, parenting, schooling, relationships, testimonies will require effort if they are to turn out delicious.   I clearly love lemonade (of course I do! Lindsey's Lemonade, after all!) I hope I am not simply staring at my lemons, picturing all of their possibilities, but rather am dicing and de-seeding and juicing or stuffing and am actually attempting to cook something extraordinary, both in the kitchen and in my time on earth.



I looked into getting a lemon tree, but apparently, Utah weather is a little too chilly for a happy lemon tree:~(



No comments:

Post a Comment