Saturday, October 12, 2013

Wood Burning

Today I was driving down the road, just before sunset.  The weather here is starting to get a little bit colder so there was a slight nip in the air.  I caught a wiff of a campfire smell, spotted some apples for sale on the side of the road, drove past some cheesy Halloween decorations and some houses decorated with scarecrows, pumpkins and hay bales, and I almost started crying.  I LOVE the fall.  I love sweater weather.  I love cocoa and cider and pumpkin bread (but not pumpkin cookies, especially not with chocolate chips... I don't get it either.) Every once in a while I am suddenly hit with the beauties of the earth, the goodness of God, the love of family, the delight of children playing, and for an all too brief moment, I forget how thick my ankles are, that my house isn't spotlessly clean,  or that my church clothes didn't get laid out and ironed in preparation of the Sabbath.  I think autumn weather brings on happy thoughts.  It's like natures segue into Thanksgiving.



Saturday soccer fun. Look at the determination on Owen's face. That boy means business.



1 comment:

  1. Why are you hating on pumpkin cookies?! They are wonderful espcially with chocolate chips!

    ReplyDelete