Saturday, October 12, 2013

First Campout!

Calvin RIder Holman Smith went on his first ever Boyscout overnight campout today.  I packed him a tin foil dinner, but was thinking "he's an eleven year old boy. He would probably have preferred a pack of hot dogs." Anyways, I am very curious about how the night went. I'm sure he had a blast.  Right before he left I asked him if he had a flashlight.  He said "Why would I need one." He also told me that he wouldn't need a winter hat, because it probably wouldn't get cold.  Um... My guess is that his first campout will offer some insight into the practicalities of overnight camping, it's necessities, and the wisdom of his mom (even if she isn't an official boyscout :~)



Calvin with some scout pals.  They all look warm, happy and the sun is shining!



This afternoon we went shopping for Annie's Baptism dress.  After trying on 8 dresses, we narrowed the group down to three.  Unbeknownst to me, Annie has seen a few episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress." She was truly like a bride in search of the perfect dress. "The dress will speak to me. I'll just know." Mercy.  It was lots of fun, and the dress that finally did the talking looks a whole lot like... a wedding dress.  Here comes the eight year old bride!  The picture above was one of the final three, but not the winner. 



This lacy number was also in the running, but didn't make the cut.  I'll post the real deal (dress) once Ryan gets home (from Canada/ DC) and throws together an invite. I LOVE having a daughter!

** I fell asleep last night and simply forgot to post, so this entry is for Friday, Oct 11th, 2013**


1 comment:

  1. Good job Calvin, you came back alive!! Annie would look great in any dress!

    ReplyDelete