Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Simon Stander Wright Smith

Ten years ago today, my third and fantastic son was born in Eugene, Oregon at Sacred Heart Hospital. His delivery was smooth, and he was actually named Gordon... until I changed my mind the following day and settled on Simon... Simon Stander Wright Smith to be more precise.  Ryan "had" to lecture at a course the day after Gordon was born, and I told him I was having my doubts about our newest member's name. Whilst he was gone, the birth certificate lady came around and Gordon became Simon.  Yeah!!!! I love the name Simon and it suits my handsome fourth grader very well. My dear Simon is friendly, honest, kind, intelligent, a very good reader, quick to forgive, cheerful, and an all around excellent brother, son and individual.  I love my Simon so very much!


Simon after swim lessons today.  My happy little fish!



Annie making magic on our dry erase board.  October!



Tonight was Iron Chef Bountiful ( the neighborhood cooking club.) The them was vintage. I made the banana cream (hazelnut, ganache) pie. Tasty night.



Calvin had a basketball game tonight at 9:00pm. Crazy late for a school night. Not cool.



Calvin had a great time, played well, and I know he will fully enjoy basketball this season.


1 comment:

  1. Simon is a terrific person indeed! Sounds like a fun filled, packed day!!

    ReplyDelete