Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Happily Ever After

Thanks to a dear neighborhood pal who loaned me the movie, my family got to watch Enchanted tonight.  There are so many things that I love about this movie: Jazelle is infinitely kind, patient, optimistic, cheerful, creative, and polite.  She gets to end up with Patrick Dempsey, who swears he can't sing and declares he doesn't dance.  When the magic finally happens, he's singing softly in her ear and you guessed it; they're dancing.  Their ditched partners even end up together. It was seamless, almost like a movie.  So here it is.  I am a total romantic. For some reason this realization came as a surprise to me. I like to think of myself as being pretty level headed and not that into cheesiness, but I am! My heart, without fail, skips a beat when any couple finally gets together.  I love IQ, The Princess Bride, Return To Me, Moonstruck, Sleepless in Seattle, Lady Hawk, etc.  If it involves the "international language of love" then bring it on. I am a romantic movie lovin' cheese ball.  Just admitting it feels therapeutic.


It's just a delightful movie.
The kids have a long weekend starting today, so after school they a had a herd of their friends over to play.  We munched on banana bread. It was great fun.  Everyone vacated around dinner time, and the kids got to stay up late watching the show because they don't have school tomorrow. What fun.

1 comment:

  1. I have always know this about you I should have told you sooner!! This movie is a real winner, its always good when the rejects hookup :)

    ReplyDelete