Sunday, October 20, 2013

Charity Never Faileth!

Today I was sustained as the Relief Society President of the North Canyon 5th Ward in the Bountiful North Canyon Stake.  Isn't that a mouthful!  I am so super excited for the chance to work with all of the amazing women in our ward/neighborhood.  FYI, the Relief Society is the women's organization in the Mormon Church.  Our motto is "Charity Never Faileth" and is taken from the New Testament verse, 1 Corinthians 13:8, which happens to be one of my very favorite scripture passages of all time.  The Relief Society has three main purposes: to increase faith in Jesus Christ, to strengthen our homes and families, and to help those in need.  Bam!  We got this!  We're on it!  That's an organization I can be proud (... I mean pleased) to be a part of.  Many thanks to all of the wonderful Relief Society Sisters (my mom, my sisters, my aunts, grandmas, cousins, in-laws, teachers, young women's leaders, friends, visiting teachers ) who have taught me so much about being a daughter of God.  To all of my sisters who aren't members of my faith, my thanks also goes out to you for teaching me valuable lessons on life, love and friendship. Your righteous examples of womanhood have prepared me for this calling.  I'm Utah Jazzed to get this Relief Society party started!



Annie Joy's Baptism dress.  I wanted to get some nice pictures of her before the excitement of the big day.  We are so thrilled to have both sets of her Grandparents flying out for her big day. And much thanks to Aunt Lesley for the hair bow and bracelet.  Yeah Annie! 



A close-up.  Ryan and I were lucky enough to sit in on Annie's interview with our Bishop, where he asked her some questions to see if she was willing and ready to be baptized. When he asked her "Do you keep the commandments?" She looked straight in his eyes and immediately replied with "Our family is really struggling with that one." What the heck does that mean?! The three adults in the room got a very good laugh out of that. (Surprise!  The Smith family isn't perfect.) But this really increased her credibility when she was asked if she was honest. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lindsey you'll be perfect in that role! Love your guts, your testimony and your committment. xoxox Aub

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be AWESOME!!! Those licky RS sisters! Annie is beautiful!!! We love the dress!

    ReplyDelete