Thursday, September 19, 2013

Saga del Coche

So this morning, when my van wouldn't start again, I got it jumped and headed on over to the dealership.  I was like, this car is new and it should run, and they were like yeah, lets look at the battery.  And they said that it tested low or failing so they asked if I wanted them to readjust the bits that connect to the battery and add more battery fluid and then charge it for several hours, or if I wanted to just replace it... for $110.  I'm like, I want it replaced... for freeeeeeeeee, since it's been with me for less than a month and it's nutsy that a car I bought a month ago should have problems starting, and if the battery was bad, it should have been replaced before making it's way to the lot. He says the battery is probably fine.  I'm all, why did the test just say it was failing... And dealer dude said that charging it would probably work, so I left the premises for 4 hours.  Was assured that it was just fine.  Drove home, went to drive Simon to swimming lessons, and of course, the car wouldn't start.  Sooo, I got it jumped, dropped Simon off at swim, and went to an auto store and ponied up cash for a new battery, which they installed in about 5 minutes.  To all of you out there that can negotiate junk like this, my hat goes off to you.  I simply HATE dealing with scheisters (basically 99% of car people), and hopefully, won't have any more car issues for a very long time.  Lame.



Killing time this morning with a pal in SLC.  Brunch at a waffle/french fry house. Low calorie no, happy tummy yes.



Is the flavor of gourmet Balsamic vinegar actaully superior to the cheap stuff?
In a blind taste test at dinner, we discovered... why yes, yes it is.



Calvin wanted to ride his bike around during Owen's soccer practice.  When practice ended, Owen hopped on for a free ride.  Cal's bike has stunt pegs, which just makes for an even funner ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment