Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Defeat Followed by Victory!

The clear defeat of the day was the migraine that suddenly attacked me just after I had breakfast out on the table.  FYI: a migraine is not a really bad headache.  A really bad headache is a really bad headache.  For me a migraine looks like this:  splotchy, blurred vision. Severe pain in my head, sensitivity to light, sound and smells. Nausea.  Basically a whole lot of not fun, rolled into 4.5 solid hours today.  Thankfully, I had migraine medicine in my medicine cabinet.  Thankfully, everyone was dressed and ready to go to school already.  Thankfully, now that all the kids are in school, I was able to head straight to bed.  And thankfully, I haven't had a migraine since Owen was born.  I would willingly submit to having 1 migraine every 5 years, if that is the pattern that I will now follow. So this morning was a bust.  However, I got some wonderful news this afternoon, which brought the day from a one to a ten.  Ms. Jade Herriot (our darling Scottish friend) is officially coming to visit us and it was certified today by the purchase of real plane tickets.  She will enter Zion on October 23rd, at 7:50 pm, and doesn't head back home till January, after her 18th birthday.  We will play together and sing together and drink warm cocoa together.  Yeah today!


This is a shot taken with Jade on her baptism day (which was July 14th.)  Incidentally, Jade will be here for Annie's baptism, which is just really exciting for all involved!

1 comment: