Tuesday, September 17, 2013

If I Were President

If I were President of the US, I would make several changes, but this is the first. #1 Name tags. I am admittadley horrible with names.  And faces. Names and Faces sometimes allude me.  I think the face thing stems from having horrible vision as a child, which landed me in a habit of simply being visually unaware.  No idea about why I can't remember names.  But If I were President, everyone would be required to wear a name tag, and everyone would be reqired to look at it before speaking, that way you would never feel awkward about trying to read the name tag before saying the person's name.  What if you don't like your first given name?  Who cares. Use an alias on your name tag, just be sure it's a name you like and will willingly respond to. I also would like people to dance more, but I wouldn't want the power of being president to go to my head.


Owen after school playing air hockey with some friends, Camden and Cedric.



The kids had an assembly today.  I came to support the PTO but they had it covered. Owen is right in the front corner, Annie is third row, nay shirt, blond hair, center of the pic. It warmed my hear to see the entire school there, hands on hearts saying the Pledge of Allegiance. If only I were the president... name tags.



Simon says he would love to be on swim team.  So he's taking a refresher course to make sure that he knows all of the strokes well enough.  He loved it.  And I love him.



Simon led the pledge at the Court of Honor tonight.  Hey!  That's two pledges in one day! How patriotic!... name tags.



I had a women's service project meeting (Relief Society.) I made a cake for dessert: chocolate hazelnut with raspberries, mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment