Sunday, September 8, 2013

1:00pm Church

How is it possible to run late for church that starts at 1:00pm?!? Simply ridiculous.  We caught the whole meeting, but had to enjoy the services from the cheap seats (the hard metal chairs located in  overflow at the back of the room.) Even in cold chairs, I love attending church every Sunday.  Here are some reasons why, in no particular order.

- I like to dress up. It's basically the one time a week I bother to do my hair.  I especially love wearing tights as they make me feel like a leprechaun.

- It's a wholesome family tradition.  We do it every week.  Rain or shine. Scotland or Utah or Arizona.  If we can find a meeting house, even on vacation, we will attend.

- I love the hymns.  One of my favorite bits about our ward (congregation) in Edinburgh is that they put their whole hearts and souls into belting out the hymns of praise.

- Church is a wonderful way to re-inforce the core values I want my kids to learn: honesty, charity, respect, faith, obedience, cheerfulness, etc.

- The women.  I know of no other location where so many awesome, unique, caring, interesting and attractive women congregate.  I learn so much from them every Sunday.  They are an inspiration to me, a gentle reminder to improve, a breath of fresh air, and the source of the greatest friendship I will ever have on this earth. I love my sisters in the gospel!

- I love the doctrines found in my church:  Prophets, apostles, The Bible and Book of Mormon, Relief Society, Visiting Teaching, Baptism, Commandments, Blessings, Healings,... Miracles!

In short, church rocks.  If you haven't been in a while, the Devil will try to persuade you that church is lame.  Ignore him and give it a shot again.  Trust me, Lindsey Joy Smith.  What have you got to lose?


This little gem was all over the buses and signs in Edinburgh.  I simply love it!  Too often when I am faced with a problem, I will research it on the internet, ask my mother about it, whine to my twin about, then fret over it whilst making dinner. Silliness when the power of prayer is always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment