Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Day Remembered

12 years ago Ryan and I were living in a small apartment in Tucson, Arizona.  We were at Holly Avenue, Apartment I.  Ryan was working part-time in an architecture firm, going to school full time at U of A.  I was the full time mom of our then 2 year old son, Preston, and was making Calvin (about 5 1/2 months pregnant.)  Ryan had left the house early for work.  Preston and I were hanging out in the family room when I switched on the television and saw the news of the twin towers in New York being attacked. Later the pentagon would also become a target. It was insane. Just shocking. And terribly sad. I remember sobbing at the senseless tragedy, along with many Americans across the nation.   Also, like many other Americans today, I spent a few minutes reflecting on the events of September 11, 2001. For too many, this date reflects that 12 years have passed since they lost their dad, mom, husband, wife, son, daughter, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, or dear friend.  Those of you who lost a loved one because of 911 have been in my thoughts and prayers today.  You and yours are not forgotten.  I know that you will see them again someday.



Flags up all over Bountiful today in memory of 9 11.




Owen and his pal Preston dipping around at the park while Annie had soccer practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment