Thursday, September 26, 2013

Return to the Groove

Today I actually felt like canning. That may not seem like that big a deal, but I haven't yet felt settled enough/moved in/ energetic/etc to attempt any sort of project of this nature.  A project that isn't necessary to life or death, like bathing or dinner.  Yesterday a friend and I went to a not so close grocery store (affectionately referred to as Ghetto Mart in my home - it sells out dated products) and we found a killer deal on strawberries.  I bought loads and decided to make some tasty strawberry freezer jam today. Rest assured, I still have my upstairs hall closet to organize, and I have no response to the state of the laundry, but by golly, I HAVE STRAWBERRY FREEZER JAM! That has to count as some success, right?



I always worry that my jams are going to be too firm or too runny, but then I remember, who cares?! They always taste great! (But I still really hope that this batch isn't too runny or firm...)


No comments:

Post a Comment