Thursday, September 12, 2013

From vs. Form

Calvin has been working on typing homework all day today.  He's not doing that bad, considering that Scotland didn't focus on developing that skill at all.  I remember taking a typing course in high school.  I think I got a "B" because I was too scared to type without looking at the keys, and the looking slowed me down, which meant my wpm weren't nearly as speedy as they should/could have been.  And while we're on that most interesting topic of typing, for all of you that regularly read my blog, I want to let all of you know that I know that my biggest typing error is typing "form" when I mean to type "from." When proofreading, those two words are just similar enough that my eye rarely catches it, until loads of people have read it, and then I feel silly.  There. Know that I know. Now we can both know that I know together.
Form,
Lindsey

Annie Joy saw a typewriter the other day and asked me what it was.  I remember with great clarity my mother typing out final drafts of homework assignments. 10 points for Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment