Friday, September 6, 2013

Dear Ikea

Dear Ikea,

I thought you should know that yesterday I bought a 6 drawer dresser from your store.  When I got home, I realized that I accidentally purchased the wrong color and that it didn't match the Ikea bed that we purchased a few years ago.  I drove back to your store again this morning (which is an hour round trip) to exchange the dresser for the right color.  Incidentally, why don't you open until 10:00am? You're a kid friendly store.  Who has kids and gets to sleep in? Anywho,  The return was quick and easy, and I opted for the gift card as it was the fastest and easiest way to get the right dresser and get out.  Imagine my disappointment, however, when I discovered that you simply no longer make the finish I am looking for.  I hate to do this to you, but I need to let you know that I am very disappointed in you tonight.  And I doubt that even a Swedish meatball platter with lingonberry sauce, gravy and mash will make me feel better. Ikea, if I could put you in timeout, I would. But don't worry, now I have a stinkin gift card, so I will return.  Well played, you.

Sincerely,
Lindsey Joy Smith


Look at that yellow and blue, just luring us in.

No comments:

Post a Comment