Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Car Crazy

What the what?!? We bought our van 3 1/2 weeks ago. This morning I hopped into the car to run some errands and was met with that all too familiar sound of a car that refuses to start.  An engine coughing. It also sounds a little bit like hopes and dreams being flushed down an automotive toilet.  In truth, the car has crazy low miles, is a 2010, got a full third party inspection prior to purchase... and yet it was dead!  A dear friend (who is all too familiar with jumping Smith minivans) hopped over and took care of the biz.  I headed off to run errand, making sure to leave the car running.  I had an appointment in Farmington so I headed up there, and made sure to park in a spot where getting jumped wouldn't pose a problem (yep, I know the routine.) And my efforts were rewarded with the need arising for the second jump start of the day. I am hoping against hope that today's temperamental car has to do with leaving the indoor lights on ( a family problem), and not with a terminal illness that needs to be diagnosed.  Let today end.


While my friend and I jumped my new, dead minivan, we both commented on how shiny and modern my engine looks. Oh, the irony!


2 comments:

  1. TERMINAL illness??? I'd say that's exactly what your van has! Have the battery checked. We have an Odyssey too and it is as dependable as the day is long EXCEPT when it houses a lousy or dying battery. Which, in the AZ heat, is more often than I care to figure out. I've gotten pretty good at jumping cars... At least a new battery is not as painless as some other repairs. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete