Tuesday, September 3, 2013

1 Full Week

My husband has been in Scotland now for one full week.  A few things I have learned:  The kids like having both a mom and a dad.  When one parent goes a little nutsy, the other parent is supposed to step in.  I have decided to replace Ryan with Nutella.  I feel less nutsy with a spoonful of choc hazelnut in my mouth... Also, I enjoy driving, but miss having shotgun as an option.  If I gave Preston a crack at our new minivan, I am sure he would leap at it, but I'm not quite ready for driving related arrests just yet...  Night time is boring. BORING.  Our home is slowly coming together after our international move, but with my man gone, I want to fill up the time that would normally be "us" time. I feel loads of pressure to be all productive and sort things and arrange items, etc.  If my husband were home, I am confidant I could persuade him to watch some chic flick as an alternative to a more fruitful house project.  So basically, I have one week down, and 4 - 6 weeks left. Wowsers, that womps.


Owen got his stitches removed today.  Lets just say he had trouble accessing his inner brave, and this is clearly a "before" shot... as in before he saw the scissors that are used to cut out stitches. Sometimes, even the promise of a lollipop won't cut it.



I decided that my boys need a bookshelf.  So I put one together.



Owen and Calvin got in on the shelf action.  Good boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment