Friday, February 6, 2015

Tums vs. Equate Antacid

Dear friends,
As a public service announcement, I think you should all know the difference between "Tums" and the cheaper "Equate Antacid."  Tums is more expensive, the lid looks different and is slightly easier to open than equate, the ingredients are virtually identical.... but in reality, the Equate version tastes so bad that I found myself trying to decide if I really actually needed heartburn relief. I do.  This is sound advice.  I'm actually pretty cheap, so I would let you know if there was no difference.  There is a difference, and it has less to do with the price than it does the flavor. Being a deliciousness advocate, I recommend buying the Tums, not the generic stuff. 
Now you know.




I usually only need heartburn relief at night... when I'm in bed... and it's late... and I don't want to get up and go to the store... and I forget in the morning... which is why the equate is half eaten.  I just found this tums container, and there were only about 4 left in the bottle.



Home-made pizza for dinner.



Mine was topped with sautéed red onion, bell peppers and zucchini, roast beef, pepperoni, 
feta, mozzarella and parmesan. It was delightful. Why don't I do this more often?!?

1 comment:

  1. the only thing that worked for me was Pepcid Ac. Tums was like candy to me, how convenient that a deliciousness advocate finds Tums the most helpful :)

    ReplyDelete