Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Epic Package From Tucson

It was around 9:45am this morning when the doorbell rung.  Ryan was about to head out the door for work (still trying to take it easy and recover from his epic surgery.) To my surprise a Fedex man was standing at the door with a package in his hands. I signed for it and carried it upstairs to our kitchen. I called Ryan over and we opened it immediately.  To my great joy, and utter surprise, inside the box was a foam igloo, and inside the igloo was a lemon Eegee bag and a strawberry Eegee bag. They were still frozen, and utterly perfect.  For those of you who have never lived in Tucson, AZ, an Eegee is like a way better version of the 7-Eleven slurpee.  After enjoying this heavenly treat, I called my twin and got the scoop.  My dear siblings and parents wanted to send some Tucson love our way, and knew that an ice-cold Eegee would warm our hearts.  We're still in the process of figuring out if Ryan will need to do a second round of chemo, which is the standard of care. But at this stage with how Ryan has responded, (no signs of cancer from the biopsies and pathology reports) sometimes people choose not to do it.  We're praying and trying to figure things out; i know with prayer the proper choice will be made; but in general, this has been a rough couple of months.  The love and support of family, friends, neighbors, teachers and colleagues had made all the difference.  How wonderful to have an Eegee from home.  An even more wonderful is a family that would send it to us.  If you ever find yourself in Tucson, AZ, make sure to stop at an Eegees and try a lemon or a strawberry.  It won't disappoint you... in fact, Ryan and I went to get an Eegee shortly after we met.  It was almost a date, and I was already in love, both with him and the sweet, cold treat.




I need to eat this very slowly to savor every last drop of.



Ryan actually read the outside of the box and knew what we were opening.  I also usually don't know the ending to most books or movies.



There it is, in a large bag, waiting for me to consume it.



Q: Do you want strawberry or lemon. 
A: Both please.



And later that night.



This is just a reminder that I'm still making a baby ( Norman Harold Thomas Smith III), and he is officially due in 39 days, but he could safely arrive in just 11 days.  Oh my!






3 comments:

  1. I don't think I knew his 3rd name would be Thomas, I love it! So glad the eegees made it! Our plan had been brewing for over a week next day deliver seemed to take a week, but alas you guys got it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eegee's. Clark and I take the kids when we travel back to Tucson. Good Memories! Awesome surprise from your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get to the nearest eegee's every March 1st. Lucky Lime is my favorite and sooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete