Tuesday, February 10, 2015

THEE Sugar Cookie Recipe

So, about 10 years ago a pal of mine had me over for a playdate with our littles. She made sugar cookies that were absolutely wonderful.  I got the recipe and have tweaked it a bit.  This is my very favorite sugar cookie recipe in the whole world.  It combines the simplicity of a drop cookie (that gets rolled in sugar) and the taste of a sugar cookie, which is sure to warm the heart of any valentine.  I made some of these for the women in my ward/congregation on Sunday. So if you loved it soo much that you want to eat more than just one cookie, have at it!


This is not a cookie that I made, but it looks like one I could have made.
Snagged this pic from google images, apparently found on cooking classy. com



Drop Sugar Cookies

By Lindsey Joy Smith

1 c sugar
1 c powdered sugar
1 c butter, softened
1 c melted coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
4 ½ c flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 375.

Beat sugar and butter till light and fluffy. Beat in oil, vanilla and eggs until well combined.

Sift flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt together.  Then beat into the wet mixture until dough forms a ball.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls: place 2 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheet. Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass cup dipped in sugar.

Bake 5-8 minutes or until set, but not brown or golden. Immediately remove from pan to rack.


Variations:


For orange cookies, I add orange zest to the batter.  Then I frost with buttercream frosting that has a few Tbs. orange juice, orange zest, and buttermilk added (to taste, sorry, I don’t have a specific recipe, but this can be a delicious adlib! It rocks!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for publishing this, Lindsay- and thanks for including ingredients we have here in the UK (aka no shortening). Cheers!

    ReplyDelete