Thursday, February 5, 2015

Chimney Sweep

Along with some lovely girlfriends, I went to see my oldest son perform in his high school musical, Mary Poppins.  The sets were great, the music was lovely, and the dancing by the chimney sweeps to "Step In Time" was the highlight of the entire show.  Preston was in several scenes as a banker and a chimney sweep.  My entire family will join me next Thursday for another performance, so tonight was like a sneak peak, which I really enjoyed.  Apparently, the *real* Mary Poppins is not the version we all know from the Disney movie. The real story is a little bit darker, and has several scenes that I've never even heard of.  Now you know.


This picture is silly with one of Preston's friends photo bombing in the back, but by the time I remembered to capture the moment, Preston had already changed out of his costume, Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment