Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Dentist!!!

Owen has been begging me to have his teeth cleaned for the last two months, and today it finally happened! In honor of this special day, we went to Nielsen's Frozen Custard for lunch, a family favorite.  His teeth were cleaned. Owen chose "Pina Colada" flavor for his polishing paste.  He left with a rubber popper as his prize for healthy, handsome teeth.  I'm not quite sure why visiting the dentist ranked so high on his personal to do list, but I hope it starts a life long dedication to flossing, and brushing.  Well done, Owen.


Cheeseburger, fries and root beer.  A dental cleaning pre-party!



Pina Colada. Yumm!



He's rocking the lead x-ray apron!



Some dear pals, neighbors, and church sisters gathered tonight and threw me a baby shower.
Of my five children, my oldest is 15 and my youngest is on the cusp of turning 7. Basically, it's been a pretty long time since I've done the baby thing.  How fun it was to celebrate the joy of motherhood with all of these lovely women in my life!  The hostess with the mostess has a chalk board in her kitchen and is an artist.  I loved the sign she made!



Several gals chipped in and brought some tasty treats to the shower.  The bottom left is a melted cheese and heaven dish in a cast iron skillet, which was wonderful. And several pals brought varieties of rice Krispy treats, which I thoroughly enjoy.



My fab friend made this darling diaper tower for me.
I undid the tower at home so that my kids could join in on the action. It's loaded with diapers, rattles, onesies, blankets, booties and love!



My mom and I joked about the idea of wearing a "Blue Boy Baby Belly Bow" to the shower. I found this blue scarf and threw it on. As soon as Ryan saw it he asked if I was really going to wear that... if I thought it was a good idea. HIs tone and lack of enthusiasm made me want to wear it even more.  What was really exciting was when we found a bag that matched the belly bow.  Good Times.
10 million points to all my pals who came, made food, helped with invites, gave Norman a gift, helped with the group gift, have prayed for our family, and have been my friend.  I believe that angels record our good deeds in heaven, and last night many friends from my neighborhood and congregation got another good deed listed in their Book of Life. 

*** This post is for February 17th, 2015***

2 comments:

  1. What fantastic friends!!! Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm so proud of Owen and his dedication to keep a healthy set of teeth. I'm surprised about his fondness of the dentist, most kids don't even look forward to dental visits. You must be so proud of him, Lindsey! Oh, and I love that adorable diaper tower. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that! All the best! :)

    Karen Perry @ Brookside Dental Care

    ReplyDelete