Monday, February 16, 2015

President's Day

Happy President's Day! (in the USA;~)  Ryan didn't have to teach today, and the kids didn't have class, and I had no appointments, so basically we celebrated the day by spending time together, which is my favorite way to celebrate any day of the year.  I do not envy the job of being the President of the Unites States, nor do I follow politics closely enough to offer any super duper well informed opinion on most matters political. But I do know that I am grateful to be a citizen of the United States, and that if in the near future I get to celebrate a USA president that just so happens to be a woman, tears will be shed, and chocolate cake will be eaten.



This is one of my favorite pictures depicting a US president, George Washington (not yet President in this picture.) He was found praying in the woods for the troops that he was in charge of, during the Revolutionary War. Pretty much every leader on Earth would do a better job if they incorporated prayer into their decision making process. True that.



We went to Cutlers Bakery and picked out some amazing cookies.



Preston had his final performance of Mary Poppins tonight.  After 14 shows, the cast had everything down perfectly, and the performance was fabulous.  Preston is a natural on stage, and I'm sure Ryan and I will be watching him perform in many more shows.



The musical theatre schedule has been nuts, and this is Ryan and I celebrating a return to a more normal family schedule after the show. 



No comments:

Post a Comment