Friday, February 27, 2015

Beautiful Baby Beads

A dear friend of mine came up with a fab idea for my baby shower a few weeks ago: have guests each  bring one bead. With that bead, they were to write a wish/hope/blessing for me and baby Norman.  The idea being that all of the beads would be made into a necklace and worn/seen/held during delivery and all of the love and good sentiments would be felt whilst I was giving birth.  Basically, it's such a beautiful, thoughtful, brilliant idea. I finished making the necklace today. I'm clearly not in labor and it is already working it's magic. I already feel the love and support of all my dear friends.  So, if you are ever planning a baby shower, I don't think my pal would mind it if you used her idea.  After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.



Here are most of the beads on a dish. Super bright and fabulous.



Each bead was stuffed into a tiny envelope. Next to the envelope were some slips of paper where people could write a cheery thought about the bead, labor, motherhood, etc. 



A frying pan charm. You've got to be kidding me! And the eggs look perfectly done!



I also love the "N" which my friend wrote could either be for "Norman" or "Narcotics", depending on how delivery goes. Totally awesome.



This is the completed necklace.  I simply love it! My hospital bag is not packed, because I am a slacker, but my necklace is ready so it mattereth not.

FYI: Ryan just finished day four of chemo.  He is hanging in there.  We are hoping that Norman arrives in about 10-15 days which will put him entering our family at a time when Ryan's chemo will be taking a break... Crossing our fingers.  If wishes were fishes we'd all have a fry (my Dad used to say that.)
 

1 comment:

  1. OH MY WORD!!! I love this idea, the frying pan, narcotic bead....epic party. Great friends are given to great people!

    ReplyDelete