Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Joy of School

It's always comforting when my children finally memorize my phone number. It means that no matter where they are, as long as they can find a phone then they will be able to get a hold of me, especially if they are in an emergency.  Annie Joy knows my phone number, by heart.  She has it down. SO she can call me when she isn't feeling well, or forgot her library book or homework... or if she doesn't like her outfit or wants a different pair of shoes or a jacket or headband or... It seems that I get a call from her almost everyday. I love that my children can so easily use the phone if they need to call me.  I hate that they can so easily use the phone if they "need" to call me.  I got a phone call today from Anners about feeling super sick to her stomach.  She mentioned something at home, but then ate breakfast as usual and headed off to school. However, when I got to the school to take her home, she was no-where to be found... She was out at recess. When she was paged to come to the office, she wandered in giggling with her pal. Not sick. Clearly not sick.  Let's just say that my girl has officially placed herself into the fable "The Boy Who Cried Wolf." She's the boy. I'm the townspeople, and hopefully for her sake, there won't be areal wolf for quite a while, because this is one townsperson that no longer trusts the validity of the cries. 



I had the pleasure of joining Calvin Smith for his student led conferences at his jr. high.
He showed me work from all of his classes, explained what he's learning , and basically impressed the pants off me.  He just made the high honor role, which says everything about his personal desire to try his best, and says almost nothing about my parenting.  What a guy!




1 comment:

  1. Calvin is a super guy!! Three cheers to smart kids and the parents who make them!

    ReplyDelete