Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Happy Chinese New Year!

Two of my darling children are in a Chinese immersion program in their elementary school. That means that English is used during half of their school day, and the other half they use Mandarin Chinese.  As a grown woman, set in my ways, not particularly gifted in linguistics, I seriously have no hope of joining them in learning the language, but I am doing my part by making some fantastic Chinese food. Like tonight, I made ham fried rice and dumplings.  What a great Chinese New Year meal... almost.


Annie zipped right by, but I did convince her to pause and let me take a picture.



Here she is with several of her darling school friends.
Yeah 3rd grade!



Owen in his school parade, wearing red. I barely caught his attention, and they zoomed by so quickly that I didn't even get a good pic.


No comments:

Post a Comment