Sunday, February 15, 2015

My Sister's Sister

IN honor of today being the Sabbath, I would like to share with you one of my very favorite quotes from an apostle in our church, called Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.  It's taken from a talk that he gave in October, titled: Are We Not All Beggars? His talk is a call to action to help those in need.  He doesn't offer some grand scale plan to eradicate hunger, but does promise that when we work with God, He will help us to know what we each, individually can do. I believe him.

"Brothers and sisters, such a sermon demands that I openly acknowledge the unearned, undeserved, unending blessings in my life, both temporal and spiritual. Like you, I have had to worry about finances on occasion, but I have never been poor, nor do I even know how the poor feel. Furthermore, I do not know all the reasons why the circumstances of birth, health, education, and economic opportunities vary so widely here in mortality, but when I see the want among so many, I do know that “there but for the grace of God go I.”18 I also know that although I may not be my brother’s keeper, I am my brother’s brother, and “because I have been given much, I too must give."


Annie loves to play with my phone and take random pictures.  




No comments:

Post a Comment