Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Winner, Winner Turkey Dinner

In honor of being the food editor for the Community Orange Magazine, I have to pretend that it's one month later than it actually is... which translated into a Thanksgiving Feast tonight.  I'm testing some recipes and need photos, so turkey day arrived about 6 weeks early. Tasty fun.  The highlight of Thanksgiving is certainly the eating part, not all the cooking.  We had an 8:30pm dinner.  By the time I was done cooking and photographing, everyone was starving.  The highlight of the day, however, was a fab field trip with my favorite 5th grader, Simon the Pie man, to the zoo.When Si-guy was little we went to the zoo quiet regularly, and Simon got lost on a regular basis as well.  We broke the trend with the trip today.  No body lost, we all win.



Bus ride to the zoo.



The kids I got to watch out for. We named ourselves the "Endangered" Group.



Learning about the barn owl.



I made that tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment