Thursday, October 23, 2014

Scotts in Bountiful

Today was the funeral service for Joseph Munn, a new neighbor and friend. Ann and Joseph moved to Bountiful only three months ago. Just a few months after they moved in, a cancer that Joseph battled just a few years ago returned.  He fought hard for a few weeks, and then Heavenly Father called him home.  When I met Ann, I was immediately struck with her beautiful Scottish accent. Though born in the states, her parents were Scottish. As for Joseph, his last name was originally McMunn, and is also Scottish, but was changed when his ancestors arrived at Ellis Island. Needless to say, I liked them both right from the start.  I am grateful to all of my neighbors and congregation members that came to the service today to be with the Munn family.  It was an honor to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stood in need of being comforted.  How grateful I am for God's plan of eternal families.



A neighbor in our congregation is an award winning Bagpiper.  He kindly offered to play at the cemetery.  It meant the world to the Munn's, and touched all of the hearts of those who were there. 
Joseph, you will be missed. Ann, you are in our prayers.

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to know a generous bagpiper, I am sure it added to the celebration of life for the Munn family.

    ReplyDelete