Sunday, October 12, 2014

Human Jungle Gym - Dad

Ryan has only 19 more days of radiation-chemo treatment (doesn't that sound like a glass is half full kind of a statement.)  He seems to be doing very well, is probably putting on a brave face, and I would be so happy if the remainder of his treatment looks like the last two weeks have.  He is 1/3 through tomorrow.  My absolute favorite part of this lovely Sunday was seeing him play the role of jungle gym for our two littles, Annie and Owen.  In an effort to fight cancer, he is really forcing himself to take it easy (sleep  a lot, his exercise routine is now long walks, he's losing his appetite for sweet things and is eating smaller, more frequent meals.) Anywho, it warmed my heart to see an energetic Ryan wrestle with the kids for a bit, and as much as I loved it, I think our kids enjoyed it 10x as much as me.



I love that he's in his suit as well, heading of to some church meetings.  
What a handsomer.



A dear friend was kind enough to invite my family of seven (7!) over for dinner tonight.
The food was delightful, and she had us play a game for dessert.  We each took turns rolling two dice.  When you got a matching set, then you would hurry and put on a hat, a pair of gloves, and a scarf.  Then you would grab two butter knives and try to open the candy wrapper package, and take a bite, before someone else in the group rolled doubles.  It was so much fun.  My kids loved it!  I loved it! I'm inviting myself over for dinner tomorrow night! (not really, but that would be super funny if we did show up...maybe not that funny!)

No comments:

Post a Comment