Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day #2

I think that if I had colon cancer, and was going through chemo-radiation, I would want a gift at the end of each day to celebrate the fact that I was one day closer to finishing my treatments.  In general, Ryan and I are total opposites, so he might not appreciate this daily gift gesture, but I am determined to show him love in the ways that I know how.  As They Might Be Giants have eloquently reminded us, we each need to do what we "know how to do well, and that's be you, be what you're like, be like yourself." So Ryan's is getting a random, made it through another day in this journey, gift. Yesterday's gift was a "Skor" candy bar, because not having Lynch syndrome was a total score. Tonight he got some really nice lotion, and a foot massage (trophy wife!) because radiation has the tendency to leave skin feeling sunburnt, and can sometimes even crack, or worse. Not cool... But a daily gift is cool, right?!


I helped out at picture day today.  I love that Annie owns a pair of black high heals, and she wears them often.



This girl is a power house!



The kids decided that they would perform some musical/dance numbers for Ryan to cheer him up during his treatments.  What a great sign!



Annie did a gymnastic routine. Simon did a hip hop dance. Owen did a combo of the two.
What great kids. Our older tow were at church youth group tonight.



Owen laying across from Cricket. Loving on her. 



The night ended with Custard (much thanks to a kind friend for the treat!)

1 comment:

  1. I love the gift idea and dance program. Ryan has no choice but to be another success story!!

    ReplyDelete