Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Sourdough Bread

Out of eggs, butter, bread, bananas, and a whole lot of other almost crucial ingredients (such as cream cheese) I finally broke down, made a shopping list and headed to the market.  There were a few items I grabbed at Costco. Incidentally, I love Costco because the Bountiful location has loads of samples, every single day it seems. But what I was really craving today was sourdough bread. And when I headed over to the bakery, the loaf bag was still a little warm. Which meant, victory! The bread was hot from the oven fresh!  I made some saffron bacon risotto to go with it, and dinner was basically a total success.  Super glad to have butter in the fridge, and sour dough bread in my belly. Clearly, today was pretty uneventful:~)


When Ryan and I were in San Fran a few years ago, we watched this man demonstrate how to make a sour dough bread crab.  Ryan thought it was cheesy... and I did too! It was a highlight of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment