Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Book of Mormon

My daughter and I started to read the Book of Mormon together tonight. It brought back such wonderful feelings that I felt when I was little: reading a book with big words, that I didn't entirely understand, but still being able to feel the Spirit of God as I read. How lucky I am to have been raised in a family that read the words of God found in scripture. I hope my kids can feel those same fuzzies and that some day as parents they will be able to help their own children discover sacred things for themselves.


If you want to learn more about The Book Mormon, read it. Don't go to see the Book of Mormon musical if you are trying to discover the message of this book. Hollywood is often a poor place to turn for accurate information.

Here are some favorite B of M quotes:

“And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.”
“Whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.”
“And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”
That's just good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment