Friday, July 25, 2014

24th of July Eve

Here in good old Utah the 24th of July is a big holiday, equal in excitement to the 4th of July. It is a day that we honor the pioneers settling into the Utah valley, in 1847.  Festivities include fireworks, parades, pulling handcarts, old fashioned pioneer games, etc.  There are so many celebrations around the state, so I'm told, that some of the cities in Utah choose to celebrate the big day on the day before.  So on the 23rd of July, also known (by me) as the 24th of July Eve, we watched a killer parade in Bountiful, and enjoyed a spectacular fireworks display up at Mueller Park Jr. High.  Do other states celebrate their founding like this? I don't know, but I sure am glad to reside in the Beehive State.


No one blocking our view: the best way to watch a parade.



My next door neighbor designed this float.  It was awesome! 20 points to all of my churchy friends who helped construct this winner!



A rubbish shot of the beautiful fireworks. Proof that I was there.



Our crew light up by the magic show in the sky.

*** This post is for Weds, July 23rd, 2014***

1 comment: