Friday, July 25, 2014

Pioneer Day

Pioner Children sang as they walked and walked and walked and walked. In an effort to recreate the strenuous exercise necessary to walk across the United States, we hiked Ensign Peak.  When the Mormon Prophet Brigham Young entered the Salt Lake Valley, it was recorded that he said "this is the Place." He knew the saints had arrived at their final destination because he could see the specific mountain hill, now called Ensign Peak, that he had seen in a dream.  It's a short, steep, wonderful hike, that we trudged up at mid-day in the summer. I think my ancestors were glad of our hike, and approved of the run to Baskin Robbins that followed.


Annie and Cricket on the trail.



Cousins at the top. Well done Websters and Smiths!



Hesitant, unattractive selfie.



Lunch at the park. Lots of shade.



I scream, you scream we all scream for ice cream!



Chocolate and some sherbet concoction.  FYI: I hate sherbet, but I still love Owen.



Once all the kids went down, Hillary and I went to Nielsens for some fries, a burger, and some custard... at around 10:30pm.  Her birthday is this week, she is leaving tomorrow, and I am going to miss my sister!

*** This post is for Thurs. July 24th, 2014***



No comments:

Post a Comment