Friday, July 18, 2014

My 3 Karate Kids

Is it karate? Actually, I think it's tai-kwon-do. Anyways, tonight was the belt ceremony at the dojo where my kids are learning the martial arts.  Owen advanced to his Dragon Green Belt, and Simon and Calvin are now Gold Belts.  The dojo has some amazing instructors and many people (both kids and adults) at various levels.  My favorite part of the ceremony was watching my ninjas do their moves. My second fav was watching the instructors and black belts do some amazing flips, kicks, and all around asa (Korean for awesome) moves.  I feel much safer going to bed tonight, know that my 3 warriors are closer to black belt status.



Owen with his new green belt!



Part of the ceremony is breaking the straps off the new belt. It's super fun to watch.



Calvin and SImon are prepping to break their new belts open too.



My taikwondo kids.



Simon showed up at the DI today in his rollerblades, so I made him wear the inner lining  of the boots inside. It was such a Napoleon Dynamite look, and he was pleased to rock it.


1 comment:

  1. The Martial art training program builds assertiveness, a key ingredient in self confidence. Parents say it’s piece of mind,It’s something extra that they know how to do.Muay Thai in Connecticut

    ReplyDelete