Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Long Way Home

I spoke in a church meeting tonight called Stake Conference.  It was such a great learning experience.  I was glad for the chance to study out a topic and prepare a message.  I have been sick all day with a wicked cold, sore throat, and fever and feel like I have been floating all day, so I was very glad that my talk went as well as it did.  It was so lovely to see all of my church friends in attendance, and feel their love and support. Below is a little story form my talk that I hope you enjoy:


"At the end of my run, I had the thought that I should walk back home on a different street than I normally take.  It was a longer way home and I was tired. I found myself thinking, “Fine, but there better be a reason that I go this way instead.  I don’t want to head over there just for fun.” Almost immediately a more righteous thought occurred to me that if I think this is a spiritual prompting, and I did, then whatever happens when I walk that way is fine.  If I meet someone who needs my help: great.  If find a wallet and can return it to it’s owner: Great.  If I meet no one, and don’t find anything to do or say, and the only thing that comes from taking the longer way home is that I let Heavenly Father know that I will listen and obey promptings; then great, really great. I took the long way home.  A sister in our ward was out doing yard work. We had a lovely chat about the gospel.  We were both uplifted. I was glad that I followed the prompting."



I took two incredibly long naps today in an attempt to feel better by tonight, and the naps really did help.  I am a side sleeper, but I don't think that I would actually like a bed like this, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment