Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tamales Terrifico!

I taped a demonstration on the tv show Studio 5 today.  I made tamales, which were certainly delicious.   I usually have a pal or my sweetheart accompany me, both for moral support and for another pair of hands on deck, but both of my go-to's had full schedules, so like a big girl I went all by myself.  Things went very well (as in no fires, accidental burping, cutting myself, or missing ingredients for the demo.) All in all, a success.  I seriously enjoy doing demonstrations.  And my kitchen is on the cusp of completion. I can't wait to start teaching cooking classes in my home.  It will be tasty fun!



Sauteed veg tamale, pulled pork tamale, and green chili corn tamale. Mmmm...



The table is packed with ingredients, my heart is packed with a love of all things culinary.



I just happened to have a dolly in my car (we recently bought it to move our appliances around.) It was very useful for carrying my giant, heavy ingredients bag around. 



Ryan is cutting out the hole for my sink.  What a guy.



What you are looking at is a fully finished countertop.  Just a few more bits till the kitchen is at 100%.

1 comment: