Thursday, April 10, 2014

Backyard Mayhem

Unbeknownst to me, today was the special day marked out in the history of our home to trash the backyard.  We had a wonderful man come and dig up a trench across the diagonal of our backyard so that we could lay some new power lines for the kitchen... this basically means that no area, space, room is safe from our kitchen remodel.  Ryan is soaking up the sun on a business trip in Miami, and this means that the kitchen progress is on a commercial break until Tuesday.  So, I guess it's time to grab a drink, pop some popcorn and use the loo.



Preston and I had lunch today is some Greek restaurant.  See the flag behind us?!



A dear friend for almost 30 years posted this pic  that was taken at my high school senior prom. Here are my sentiments on the shot:   My glasses are horrible. Why am I the only one in a pink dress?  How lucky to have such great friends!



My backyard before the back hoe.



Wait for it...



The trench.  The dirt did get put back in once the pipes were all laid out, but it ain't pretty.  The tree fort/house got nudged out of the way, and is now condemned.

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad will had not come over to repair the fort before this!! maybe by kicking out that wall they were just making it easier to get it moved out of the way!

    ReplyDelete