Friday, April 18, 2014

The Airport Security Incident

***Our day began at 4:15am.  We loaded up the car and drove to Las Vegas to catch our flight from Vegas to Tucson (which was way cheaper than flying out of SLC.) We were lucky enough to get VIP treatment both at check in and in the security line. I think they saw how many kids we have and didn't want to torture the rest of the adult passengers by having us wait with them. The most eventful bit of the journey was when Preston's bag got checked at the security area.

Security Lady:  Can I search through your bag?
Preston: Yes
Lady:  Is there anything harmful to me in this bag?
Preston: No

After two minutes of searching.... the Security Lady pulls out.... an EXACTO blade!

Lady: What's this?
Preston: I'm soooo sorry.  That's for art class.  I was doing some project where.... Don't mind me, I'm just trying to take a dangerous weapon on this flight.

In the end, Preston wasn't hauled off by the FAA. The security guard just tossed the blade, we didn't miss our flight, we were greeted by my twin at the airport, we played with cousins, the adults went out to dinner, adn the nigh for the day was a glorious 90 degrees.  I'm home.


Early morning in the car.



Waiting at the parking parking lot for the shuttle to take us to the Vegas Airport.



Calvin is holding Owen's hand, unprompted, to make sure that he doesn't get lost from the group.  What a good big brother!



Preston loading all of his junk back inot his backpack, after having it searched where his exacto blade was found and pitched.



Annie getting some make up from Nana. My mom rocks!

*** This post is for Thursday, April 17th, 2014.




1 comment:

  1. Mom was a beauty parlor, the girls looked great. S glad to see you guys in the flesh :)

    ReplyDelete