Sunday, April 6, 2014

Gratitude for...

This weekend I got to listen to the words of prophets, apostles and leaders in a meeting my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) calls General Conference. I'm a Mormon. The conference is a world wide affair, with world class counsel.  My favorite talk was delivered by the apostle, Deiter F. Uchdorf on gratitude.  He said that those who “set aside the bottle of bitterness and lift instead the goblet of gratitude” can find a purifying drink of healing, peace and understanding.  Ryan and I got goblets when we were first married, and I can testify that drinking from them is way funner than drinking out of a bottle (even if it is a nice cold Sarsaparilla.)  There is no situation in which an attitude of gratitude will not improve... now all I need to do is remember that when the road gets bumpy. Happy Conference weekend.  Now let's take the next 6 months by storm!



Family scripture study in the morning. No one is entirely awake, but there are no empty seats!




Last night I was too lazy to get out of bed and take a pic of our kitchen progress.  The hood is covered in turquoise plastic, and is stainless steel.  The blue cabinets are there for keeps. It's our splash of color.  




Ryan made the origami birds and has hung them over what will be my desk area.  I love them and am planning on naming them once the kitchen is done.

1 comment: