Friday, April 11, 2014

Kung Fu Fighting

Today was the new family orientation meeting at the dojo where three of my five kids are now taking martial arts lessons (Calvin, Simon and Owen.) They are taking lessons at World Class Martial Arts. The instructors explained the program, the kids practiced their stuff, and then the parents got to spar with their wannabe Daniel Larussos/Kungfu Pandas.  I would LOVE to take karate with the kids, but don't know where the heck I would find the time/cash.  But I sure do enjoy a good cross jab, bob and weave, and I'm so glad Annie snatched my camera and took some pics.



Calvin and I going head to head. I lost because #1 I am laughing and #2 he is better than me at martial arts.



ALl three monkeys in the picture. I'm wearing Calvin's gloves, owen is holding up a pad, Calvin is putting on the sparring gloves, Simon has just paused from his break dance (which they don't teach in karate lessons, but I find Simon doing regularly on the mat.)



Preston went in for a physical earlier this week, and left the dr.'s with an order to have an EKG and some back ex-rays. Is he in his 70's?!



Holding up his EKG results.  The good news is, it literally took like two minutes from start to finish.  Not fun, but not really painful either.



I didn't want to start loading my pantry until the whole kitchen was completed, but the idea of having my food put into shelves was simply too tempting.  I can't wait to cook again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment