Tuesday, December 31, 2013

No Kiss Tonight

As midnight on the last day of 2013 approaches, I find myself in bed, with a household of sick children, and an almost snoring sick spouse.  Nothing major, just colds, but a cold isn't a welcome guest.  A pal had us over, but we barely made it past 10pm (her desserts were amazing though, and should be noted and applauded.) So basically, no one near me will be awake to celebrate the death of 2013, and the promise of 2014.  This year (and it will be 2013 for about 3 more minutes) has been one of learning and adventure, travel, cooking, homework, callings, running, touristing, and praying... a whole lot of praying.  So I guess that fact alone should help me to classify 2013 as a "good year." It seems very 2013 that I won't get my midnight smooch, but the year is dying, let it die.  Now onto 2014.  I'm planning that this year I will be/do/see/feel/taste/hold/experience something extraordinary. I don't think that's too much to expect.



On our drive back to utah we stopped by the Saint George Temple.  I love visiting temples.  They are beautiful, clean, and I can feel the sweet peace of the Holy Ghost while I'm there.



Lunch at a rubbish diner in St. George.  I can't remember the name of the place, but I really wouldn't recommend it.



A before shot.  We don't know that our food won't taste very good yet.  I did the think the staff were very polite and friendly, so that's good.


1 comment: