Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Last Saturday of 2013

Today was an action packed Saturday.  It began with the finishing of A Captain America shield (ten points to Ryan for making that wish come true.) What followed was the annual Howe family 5K (the Howe family is the family that my twin married into.  We are lucky that they like us enough to have us participate.) It was ugly (for me.) For starters, I have run a marathon before.  I used to run cross country in high school, but fast forward close to twenty years, and I typically run about a mile and half, maybe twice a week.  Annie actually got third, Lesley came in fourth, Ryan placed fifth, and I came in a not so close 6th.  Good times.  I'm going to be crazy sore tomorrow.  My brother and his wife returned to town tonight after spending Christmas with her family, and we got to play all afternoon with them.  I only wish my sister Hillary and her family were here to join us.  If wishes were fishes...


Calvin. Ryan. Captain America Shield.



The Starting line.  We ran through Lesley's neighborhood.  



Bella Howe (my niece on the left) and her cousin decided to wear costumes during the 5K and did several costume changes during the race.  How weird! What fun!



My brother and his kids, enjoying the fashion show planned by Bella.  It was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment