Sunday, December 29, 2013

All you Can Eat Buffet

So, I've been in Arizona for about 10 days. I've loved almost every minute of it.  I simply love being close to my immediate childhood family.  We leave tomorrow and I think that now I'm supposed to feel ready to go home, to get back into the swing of things, to sleep in my own bed (blah, blah, blah.) In truth, I do like my house, and I miss my friends and ward, my neighborhood, and I like my pillow, but I'm already planning my next visit to see these people.  Trips back home aren't like filling a box with granola bars, where I go to AZ to get them, bring them back, and then eat them when I miss family and feel lonely for them.  No, these trips are more like visits to an all-you-can-eat-buffett.  I pig out, I'm full, stuffed in fact, but by the time I get home to UT, I am still hungry.  I do like Skype, and phone calls, and email, but they are just shadows of the real deal.  Living in town, when you can hug your loved ones, laugh with them and play games, go home when you're tired, but still make plans for the park in a few days.  I live far away from my twin, and my sister and brother and parents, and in-laws and nieces and nephews, and I hate that.  Not much else to say.


I saw this at church today, in the attendance folder for my twin's primary class.  It amused me, and I think it's a great idea.



Hanging out with the family, playing cards.  I highly recommend the game of "PIT."

2 comments:

  1. PIT is hands down THE BEST GAME EVER!! Sad i couldnt see you this trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never feels like I get enough time in Tucson to see all the people I want to see! All my love, Bavender!

      Delete