Friday, December 27, 2013

Reid Park Zoo

No real trip to Tucson is complete without a walk through the Reid Park zoo. I remember coming to this wonderful zoo when I was 5 for my own birthday party, and taking Preston and Calvin here when they were just little, before we moved away from Arizona.  I love the animals, the desert, the company. Annie and Simon were only lost for about 20 minutes. Three cheers for prayers answered and a zoo that wasn't as busy as it could have been.


Ryan holding two of the zoo animals.



Cousins on a rock.  We always climb on this rock.



The fountian at the park next to the zoo, where we went for a picnic.  Doesn't it look lovely and California-ish?



Calvin wanted Ryan to help him make a Captain America shield for his birthday (in 3 days.) I love to see them working together. I love to see Ryan stick out his tongue in concentration.  Duct Tape is serious business.


Tonight the adults went to the Triple T for dinner.  Diner Dream.



Mom and Les, full after their fish and chips and french dip and fries.  Ryan ordered a salad, which doesn't surprise me at all.



I didn't get to meet the chef, but this sign says it all.


1 comment:

  1. yeah!!! We love the reid park zoo. You and lesley make your way over to my house if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete