Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Creeps Closer!

Only 17 more days to go until the entire Christian world will celebrate the birth of the single most important person in the history of humankind.  I love this time of year for a few reasons.  My thoughts and focus center around Jesus Christ.  I get to think about giving loads of gifts to many people (kids, parents, friends, families and even strangers.) I drink hot chocolate, several varieties, with gusto.  I love Christmas lights.  And the carols, how I love Christmas Carols.  I actually wanted to name one of my daughters Carol, except I only have one daughter and I knew "Annie" was perfect for her.  Of all the CHristmas carols, my very favorite (when performed by someone with mad skills) is Oh Holy Night.  I'm still waiting on that one this season.  I sang it to myself, but it didn't carry the same magic, as when someone who is not me (and can sing) performs it.  The lyrics are timeless, the faith and hope are simple and pure, the Christ is perfect. Let my Choir singing friends take the challenge, and sing me Oh Holy Night, on the sidewalk, in the grocery store, at the post office. Tis the Season.



Fall on your knees, Oh hear the angel voices...




No comments:

Post a Comment