Friday, December 6, 2013

Last Minute Christmas Party

When it comes to throwing parties, the part I hate the most is figuring out who to invite.  I hate the idea of forgetting to invite someone, or the opposite, inviting someone who I don't know that well in an attempt to get to know her better (when maybe they know me just as well as they ever want to... my apologies if you wish you had been invited and weren't, or my condolences for the unwanted offer...) Ryan and I decided, fairly late in the Christmas Party throwing scene, to throw a party tonight.  Many invited already had plans, or were sick, or maybe just wanted to cosy by their fires at home... but in the end, we had a great group of neighbors attend.  Food was eaten, white elephants were exchanged, karaokes were sung, games were played, memories were made.  Happy holidays!



Doesn't Ryan look dapper?



We're gathered in a circle for a high quality white elephant exchange.
Annie got hand sanitizer.



Owen got this hand made little gem. A prototype of an amplifier for a ipod?... Something like that.  It looks really cool.



Look at the joy and enthusiasm on Owen's face.  
It was a rousing rendition of Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.
Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Dang look at how many people you can fit in your living room! A Smith party is never a bore!!

    ReplyDelete