Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Let There Be Light

2014 is already turning out to be a real winner, and by that I mean that I now have a working light in my laundry room.  After a month of doing laundry in the dark, I have no excuses when the laundry comes out less then perfect.  A somewhat depressing reflection on the situation is this: my laundry skills are sort of lacking, and I don't think doing the washing in the dark made that much of a difference, because I was never very good at it to begin with.  Who knows though, what with the new year and all, and my new laundry room light, it seems as if anything is possible! 10 pints to Ryan for making the repair (nothing real can actually be done with the points, but I've told my kids that several imaginary things can be accrued with mom points: like fake tickets to the movies, or a new imaginary pair of shoes... use your points wisely!  Save them up and you can earn really big imaginary things... like a pretend trip to Hawaii!)


After a brunch of cornmeal pancakes (delicious with coconut syrup) Ryan led the family in setting new year's goals.  You can tell that Owen is listening intently because he is wearing his Scottish hat, and is looking up at his father with love and admiration.  I love the New Year!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the new year too, new possibilities and dreams that haven't been blown yet!

    ReplyDelete